As an ArgoUML contributor I'm going to blog my activities here, so that they may draw interest by other developers or help other developers when doing tasks similar to what I've done. AND(!) the grand vision that makes an Argonaut what he is, TO THRIVE IN THE BIG DANGEROUS WORLD, TAKING THE Argo TO A GOOD SHORE ;-))

Wednesday, May 06, 2009

Common Lisp hacking with ABCL

I'm riding on a Linux Eee PC 901. For now I haven't installed a different distribution than the customized Xandros that comes with it... The freaking thing isn't booting from a FAT32 USB that I have...

So, and because the main flash drive is almost full, I don't have GCC to build a more mature Lisp. I'm therefore using Armed Bear Common Lisp (ABCL) for some entertainment hacking like solving Programming Praxis problems and reading Peter Seibel's Practical Common Lisp for a second time. ABCL has some quirkcs, like when I tried to build an SVN ccheckout with Sun's JDK 1.6, it had some compilation errors. Nothing serious, and, after some minutes, I was at the REPL in Emacs. For now I tested it with a basic subset of imperative and functional Lisp and it stood well. I wonder if someday I try to setup a Lisp REPL for ArgoUML with ABCL (check issue 3082: evaluating GEF support for template notation spike)...

No comments:

Reader Shared items

Followers