As an ArgoUML contributor I'm going to blog my activities here, so that they may draw interest by other developers or help other developers when doing tasks similar to what I've done. AND(!) the grand vision that makes an Argonaut what he is, TO THRIVE IN THE BIG DANGEROUS WORLD, TAKING THE Argo TO A GOOD SHORE ;-))

Wednesday, May 06, 2009

Solution for Programming Praxis' Rail-Fence Cipher

I found Programming Praxis via Planet Scheme. The following is my solution to the Rail-Fence Cipher problem in Common Lisp [check out the excelente Common Lisp tutorial by Peter Seibel for learning the language].

My solution doesn't follow the solution proposed in Programming Praxis, because, after looking at the proposal, I think there might be a way to express it more mathematical. With this I mean that what we have is a transformation via a discrete wave pattern. That sounded a bit familiar to fourier transformation. If so, if it can be expressed as such, maybe it would be the cleanest way to do it...

So, for now, the solution I present here is based in the straight-forward non-functional algorithm that one gets if analysing the problem as manipulating a string based on a ciclic list of indexes.

No comments:

Reader Shared items

Followers