As an ArgoUML contributor I'm going to blog my activities here, so that they may draw interest by other developers or help other developers when doing tasks similar to what I've done. AND(!) the grand vision that makes an Argonaut what he is, TO THRIVE IN THE BIG DANGEROUS WORLD, TAKING THE Argo TO A GOOD SHORE ;-))

Saturday, December 05, 2009

Design of the ArgoUML's projects recovery tool

I was starting to try to hack my way to implement the ArgoUML's projects recovery tool which I proposed in issue 5862: Support for moved/renamed/merged profiles when I started to hesitate on what to do. So, I did the right thing, went to ArgoUML 0.28.1 and started a lightweight design session.

I decided that the tool should exist as a sub-project of ArgoUML core. For now its use case(s) is very simple:

ArgoUML's projects recovery tool use cases.

Picture 9 – ArgoUML's projects recovery tool use cases.

This is a high level view of the static structure I arrived:

ArgoUML's projects recovery tool core high level static structure.

Picture 10 – ArgoUML's projects recovery tool core high level static structure.

This is the activity diagram for it:

ArgoUML's projects recovery tool core happy path activity diagram.

Picture 11 – ArgoUML's projects recovery tool happy path activity diagram.

No comments:

Reader Shared items

Followers